Holiday Shopping Ideas – 2018 (Ukulele Video Play Along Podcast Episode #11)
Well, the holiday season is before us, and you might have a ukulele player in your life, or have non-ukulele players who are looking for gift ideas for you. As I think through my own ukulele gear, I have a number of items that might be an ideal gift for a ukulele player, at a number of price ranges. One note: links to Amazon are referral links, which means that I would earn a small commission on a sale (it does not increase the price of the item).
Inexpensive Gift Ideas (less than $25)
- Nomad Octopus Tool (8-in-1) – less than $15
- Oasis OH-18 Ukulele Humidifier – less than $20
- Strings: just get a gift card from stringsbymail.com (not a referral link). Strings are $6-$8 a set plus shipping ($3.50), so plan $20 to $25 to be safe (two to three sets of strings and shipping).
- Ukulele Straps: I have many favorites, but check out Uke Straps on Facebook. Some awesome new straps – About $20 (not a referral link, but feel free to mention that I referred you).
- G7th Ultralight Ukulele Capo – About $20
- Ukulele Ornament – About $10
- Distilled Water – Less than $2 a gallon Ukulele humidifiers should use distilled water. It’s a practical gift, particularly if you are giving a humidifier as a gift!
Some More Expensive Gifts (more than $25)
- Jowoom Smart Tuner T2 – About $80 (not a referral link)
- D’Addario Humiditrack Bluetooth Sensor – About $50
- Music Nomad Humidifer and Hygrometer (all in one) – About $30
And Some Ukuleles…
- Flight TUS 35 Travel Soprano (All ABS) – About $60
- Aklot Solid Top Concert Ukulele – About $60
- Enya X1 Tenor Ukulele – About $125
I hope this list is helpful! And best wishes to all for a very happy holiday season. As I celebrate Christmas, a very Merry Christmas to everyone that celebrates Christmas, too.